COOKING INSTRUCTOR (part-time)
If you are passionate about health, the environment, local farmers and delicious organic food, we are looking for you!
Nourish Cafe and Cooking School at 3742 W. 10th is looking to expand the cooking school team. Part-time.
About the Cooking Instructor role:
The cooking instructor will be responsible for delivering a fun and interactive culinary learning experience for youth and/or adults. If you are comfortable in the kitchen, love teaching and engaging a group, are a curious learner of the sustainable food movement, and can talk about food all day long then this role is right for you.
- Possess outstanding speaking and presenting skills
- Strong foundation of cooking knowledge with natural flair for cooking and instructing (doing both at the same time!)
- Contagious energy that fuels engagement and community building
- Possess a passion for community-building and healthy, environmentally-conscious food choices
- Organization and time management skills
- Patience, when it comes to learning and teaching
- Professional culinary training
- Holistic nutritionist certification
- Food blog and/or is active on social media
The cooking instructor reports to the Cooking School Program Manager and is responsible for delivering cooking classes/programs based on the Nourish Vancouver curriculum.
- Complete all pre-class prep work as outlined in the handbook before each class
- Deliver an engaging, fun class for attendees - demonstrate cooking process, respond to questions, share knowledge about the ‘whys’ and ‘hows,’ and assist individuals with patience
- Instruct assistants in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food
- Allow attendees to discover the joy and value of healthy nutritional cooking through the recipes, themes, ingredients of the Nourish Vancouver curriculum
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees and attendees follow standards and regulations
- After each class, assist in the clean-up and preparation for next class
- Collaborate in program development and improvement for existing or new classes
- Assist in menu development for special occasions such as birthday parties, camps and special events
If this potential opportunity excites you and the description matches your interests, please submit your cover letter that highlights your best and most relevant attributes and resume to info[at]nourishvancouver.ca Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line