NOURISH COOKING SCHOOL & COOKING CLASSES
Nourish Café & Cooking School offers fun interactive cooking classes in the beautiful city of Vancouver, BC. We are located in Point Grey 3742 W.10th Ave. just west of Alma St.
Public Cooking Classes (Open to all)
The cooking school runs public classes multiple times weekly that individuals, couples or small groups can register for on our website. It’s perfect if you are looking to improve your skills in the kitchen while having a fun experience.
Some classes have options for vegetarian, vegan and gluten free.
It’s a great opportunity to:
- Come and meet new people
- Have a memorable date night
- Enjoy the experience with some good friends
- Best experience gift for a birthday, Christmas, anniversary, or wedding present, client gift, employee of the month, etc.
- For gift cards click here
We also offer private classes (click each for more information)
COOKING CLASS DESCRIPTIONS
BON APPÉTIT FRENCH - LET YOUR INNER JULIA CHILD SHINE
Learn to layer favours and master French cooking techniques in our beautiful kitchen while snacking on freshly baked bread and homemade butter. Bon appétit! (Pescatarian friendly)
- Homemade flakey mushroom tart with caramelized onion and a bistro-style vinaigrette salad
- Decadent bouillabaisse with fresh seasonal fish, potatoes and tomatoes
- Still-warm fresh baked bread and homemade butter, and rustic tarte aux pommes for dessert!
THE OTTOLENGHI EFFECT - INSPIRED BY THE MIDDLE EAST, EMBRACED BY THE WEST Introduce yourself to the rich flavours of spices like cumin, coriander, and ingredients like preserved lemons while creating recipes adapted from Yotam Ottolenghi best-selling cookbooks using local and seasonal produce. (Vegetarian & Vegan options available)
- Hearty kale, spice roasted butternut squash and millet entree salad with tahini vinaigrette
- Ottolenghi plate - Roasted spiced lemony cauliflower, garlic roasted chicken with preserved lemon, homemade hummus (you’ll never buy store-bought again!), pickled red cabbage, tart and bright garlicky yogurt
- Crispy olive oil crackers
OTTOLENGHI 2.0 - COOKING UP A MIDDLE EASTERN FEAST
The perfectly delicious “unfried” falafel. A lighter, baked version of this Middle Eastern gem served with flavourful, herb & spice cous cous. Still-warm, garlic butter flatbread with grilled chicken. Completed with a made-from-scratch Harissa Paste. Loaded with fresh, seasonal vegetables and quick-pickled red cabbage. (Vegetarian options available)
- Falafel cous cous plate
- Chicken shawarma flatbread
HEARTY, RUSTIC, ITALIAN - UNREFINED AND SIMPLE, WARM AND INVITING
It’s not about being fancy, it’s all about ingredients. Smell and taste the aromas of fresh herbs and quality olive oil, and create a beautiful Italian dinner from start to nish. Expect floured hands and fun foodlore, as you indulge yourself in the warmth of Italian comfort. (Vegetarian)
- Fluffy potato gnocchi-making from scratch with zesty pesto made like Nona does and pangrattato - life changing…
- Traditional Neapolitan-style thin crust pizza dough. Two rustic pizzas: margherita and pizza bianca with aromatic roasted garlic and fresh greens
CONTEMPORARY CHINESE - A FRESH TAKE ON AN ANCIENT CUISINE
Colourful, balanced, and health-conscious; probably not the words you think of when you think Chinese food. This class shines a new light on Chinese flavours and spices, as Nourish Vancouver owner, Dan Cheung, speaks to how he rediscovered the cuisine he grew up with. (Vegetarian & Vegan options available)
- Spicy chili handmade wontons
- Steamed bao (buns) with roasted chicken and/or shiitake mushrooms, essential chinese BBQ sauce, quick pickles
- Rich and nutty Dan Dan Mian (noodles)
VIETNAMESE STREET FOOD - A FRESH AND FUN APPROACH TO VIETNAMESE CUISINE BEYOND PHO
Freshly-baked baguette sandwiches with a savoury zucchini & pork meatball, fresh veggies, quick pickles, aromatic vegan herb and garlic aioli. Marinated grilled chicken in a veggie-filled bowl with refreshing “bun” rice vermicelli noodles. Topped with fresh herbs and roasted almonds.
- Savoury pork and zucchini meatball banh mi sandwich
- Zestful lemon grilled chicken rice vermicelli bowl
RAMEN REVOLUTION - THE RAMEN-GYOZA COMBO IS UNDENIABLY A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN
Though sushi, tempura and teriyaki are staples of the Western Japanese restaurant, Japanese home cooking, called Katei Ryori, is comfort cuisine influenced by flavours from around the world. Learn about the foundational flavours that shape Japanese recipes, while getting a glimpse into “Japanified” global flavours made in humble kitchens across Japan.
- Miso ramen noodles with marinated egg
- Salmon onigiri (rice balls), seasonal gomae, handmade vegetable gyoza and pickled vegetables
HAND-PAINTED MACARONS - PERFECT THE MERINGUE, CREATE YOUR MASTERPIECE
Local pastry artist, baker and blogger, Claire Livia Lassam, takes you on a journey through Pierre Hermé’s (a.k.a. “the Picasso of Pastry”) macaron recipe. From the delicate textures to the elegant taste, learn the tricks of making the perfect macaron. This class includes a delicious Nourish salad to enjoy at the beginning of class, and ends with tasting your own macarons for dessert.
- French macaron shells
- Tart lemon curd filling, creamy chocolate ganache and swiss meringue buttercream filling
LIFE OF PIE & BISCUIT MAKING - IT’S ALL ABOUT THE BUTTERY, FLAKEY HOMEMADE CRUST, AND THE HEARTY SEASONAL FRUIT FILLING
There’s no dessert more comforting and hearty than the homemade baked pie. Learn the art of the buttery, flakey pie crust, and how to make a seasonal fruity filling from local pastry artist, baker and blogger, Claire Livia Lassam. Nourish soup will be served with your biscuits and Silk Road Tea to enjoy with your slice of pie.
- The perfect pie crust with seasonal fruit filling
- Buttery biscuits
Georgia Straight Golden Plate Award Winner 2017!
With absolute gratitude our team was blown away when it was announced we won second place for the prestigious reader voted Golden Plate Award for Best Place for Casual Cooking Class in our rookie year (2017). Thank you readers!
We’re growing our team
If you love being in the kitchen, teaching and engaging a group, are a curious learner of the sustainable food movement, then we're looking for you to join our team.>> Cooking School Instructor