COOKING SCHOOL ASSISTANT
If you are passionate about health, the environment, local farmers and delicious organic food, we are looking for you!
Nourish Cafe and Cooking School at 3742 W. 10th is looking to hire a Cooking School Assistant to join our team. Full time position and part time position available.
About the Cook/Cooking School Assistant role:
From food prep to customer service, this role will be a jack-of-all-trades, playing a vital role in supporting the operations of the Nourish Cafe and Cooking School. This is an entry-level position, and though previous experience is not necessary, a passion for the sustainable food movement, an eagerness to learn, and ambition to be a team player are a must.
This cooking/cooking assistant role reports to the Cooking School Program Coordinator. Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following, and will include tasks beyond the kitchen.
- Food preparation
- Some dishwashing
- Set-up and clean up of cooking classes
- Assist cooking instructor with clean up during classes, and ensure a premium cooking class experience is delivered to each student
What we're looking for:
- Availability: Evenings & Weekends
- Comfortable with food preparation (knife skills, safe food handling and basics of food storage) Experience in a professional kitchen is preferred but not necessary
- Hard working, with a ‘whatever it takes’ attitude - positive energy is a must
- Responsible and able to work with limited supervision
- Comfortable working with numbers and creating reports
- Solutions-oriented and adaptable to change
- Environmentally conscious and possess a high level of social responsibility
Passionate about the sustainable food/organic movement
How to apply:
If this potential opportunity excites you and the description matches your interests, please submit your cover letter that highlights your best and most relevant attributes and resume to info[at]nourishvancouver.ca Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line