Do you want support a small company focused on creating amazingly delicious food, fun experiences and helping people feel more comfortable in the kitchen? Do you love giving great service? Are you ultra organized and proud that nothing ever gets missed when tasked to you? Do you love challenges? Are you looking for the opportunity to help a small family run company grow?
From event management to customer service, this role will be a jack-of-all-trades, playing a vital role in supporting the operations of the Nourish Café and Cooking School. Previous experience in similar support roles is necessary, an eagerness to learn and develop, and a passion for systems and organization are a must.
This is a part time position ranging from 10 - 25 hours/week. This position requires you to work at least 5 days/week.
Hourly rate: $13-18/hr (depending on experience) + gratuities ($3-8/hr)
Tasks will cover a wide range of responsibilities. This may include any and all of the following:
- Event Management (2-4 hours/day, 5 days a week)
- Timely response to inquiries via email and phone
- Creating & managing invoices in quickbooks
- Coordinating event logistics - calendars, CRM, follow up and feedback
- Managing all communications with client & staff from first contact until event
- Inventory Management (Food & Liquor) (1-2/week)
- Printing orders, checking inventory
- Placing orders for delivery or doing grocery shop (must have a valid driver’s license and potentially access to a car Evo/Modo/Car2go also options)
- Possibility for weekly project work (3-8 hours/week as needed)
- Running miscellaneous errands, research, shopping, etc.
- Daily meetings with manager are documented
What we are looking for:
- Process driven
- Willingness to help create process and systems to increase service levels and productivity
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Do whatever it takes attitude - positive energy is a must
- Hard working and takes the initiative
- Comfortable building relationships with clients and managing inquiries
- Onsite work is 100% necessary but may have some ability to work some hours from home
- Responsible and able to work with limited supervision
- Solutions-oriented and adaptable to change
- Location is Point Grey/Kits and access to come in on short notice if needed is preferred
If this potential opportunity excites you and the description matches your interests, please submit your cover letter that highlights your best and most relevant experience and attributes and resume, to: